Join the Globe team as a Volunteer Steward
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as a Volunteer Steward at Shakespeare’s Globe.
We are now recruiting for volunteers to join our team for our 2017 Summer Season. Interviews will take place in January, training will be throughout February and March, and our season starts in April 2017.
To apply please download the Volunteer Steward role description and return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9 January 2017.
Interviews will take place in late January 2017. If your application and informal interview is successful, you will be invited to an induction session to welcome you to Shakespeare's Globe. We will also give you full details of our Volunteer Agreement, Volunteer Policy, how you can claim travel expenses and the training we offer our Volunteer Stewards.
The role description below has been designed to give you full details about being a Volunteer Steward at Shakespeare's Globe, to help you decide whether it is the right fit for you. For more information feel free to email the Volunteer Team on email@example.com.
As a Volunteer Steward you will get to welcome and interact with people from all over the world in the knowledge that you are making a valuable contribution to our charity.
- Provide an excellent level of visitor care and engage with visitors during their visit
- To act as a good ambassador for the Globe during all contact with visitors and engage with our Play Your Part visitor care training
- Check tickets and show visitors to their seats
- Sell programmes, rent cushions, seatbacks and blankets and promote other Globe products as necessary
- Stand during the performance to make sure visitors are happy and safe
- To answer visitor questions, queries and problems
- Assist in emergency evacuations of the site (full training will be given)
- Represent the Globe by wearing the Volunteer Steward uniform
- A flair for engaging with the public
- An interest in theatre, live events or the arts (or a willingness to learn)
- Well presented, friendly and polite
- Punctual and reliable
- Language skills are useful (we welcome visitors from all over the world)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to take responsibility during an emergency evacuation and remain calm during an incident
- 1.00pm for a matinee performance
- 6.30pm for an evening performance (One hour earlier on Sundays)
As a Volunteer Steward you can claim travel expenses (up to £12.10) and a meal will be provided for you when you volunteer for 2 performances on one day. You will also receive our monthly Volunteer Steward newsletter, and be invited to volunteer social events throughout the year.