SHAKESPEARE’S GLOBE SUMMER SCHOOL
Please note: courses for 2017 have now taken place, the dates and information for our 2018 courses will be advertised on the website in December.
The Shakespeare’s Globe Summer School offers you a unique opportunity to spend two weeks at the Globe working with leading actors, directors and scholars, watching productions and presenting scenes on the Globe stages.
This is the perfect course if you are gearing up for drama school or looking to enhance and enrich your understanding of Shakespeare.
During the two weeks, you will develop acting and audition skills working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare plays, study with scholars and take masterclasses with leading theatre practitioners.
The course includes tickets for matinee performances and a presentation of scenes on stage at Shakespeare’s Globe.
- Introductions to productions
- Text and analysis
- Performance practice
- Jig workshop
- Q&As with actors
- watch and discuss Globe productions
- participate in Q&As with actors
- explore the Globe Theatre and Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
- participate in voice, movement and text workshops with Practitioners
- develop your acting skills through working with experiences directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare's plays
- present scenes at sharings for parents/guardians and invited guests
- receive a certificate upon completion of the course
You are eligible to apply for the course if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- have an interest in Shakespeare
- are able to travel to and from the Globe independently
- are able to provide your own accommodation
- have a level of confidence in English which will enable you to cope with close analysis of Shakespeare's language
- are able to attend one early morning session (date to be confirmed)
If you have any questions regarding the course or your application, please email email@example.com
or telephone 020 7902 1478