YOUNG ACADEMICS' SUMMER SCHOOL
Please note: Courses for 2017 have now taken place, the dates and information for our 2018 courses will be advertised on the website in December.
The Young Academics' Summer School is a one week immersive course particularly suited to students who are going on to study English Literature at university. You will work with leading academics, actors and dramaturges and will explore the social, political and cultural context in which Shakespeare and his contemporaries were writing.
This is the perfect course if you are interested in deepening and enriching your understanding of Shakespeare and the unique spaces for which he wrote. It would be the ideal first step if you are looking to extend your interest and understanding of Elizabethan and Jacobean drama.
You will have the opportunity to see productions, participate in stimulating lectures and seminars and discuss Shakespeare’s influence on English Literature as a master of comedy, tragedy and history.
- watch and discuss Globe productions
- participate in Q&As with actors
- explore the Globe Theatre and Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
- work with leading Shakespeare practitioners and actors
- conduct in-depth textual analysis of Shakespeare's plays
- attend academic lectures and seminars at the Globe
- receive a certificate upon completion of the course
If you have any questions regarding the course or your application, please email email@example.com
or telephone 020 7902 1478