Young Actors' Summer School
Monday 12 August - Friday 16 August
Monday 19 August - Friday 23 August
The Young Actors’ Summer School is a one week intensive course designed for students who are interested in full-time drama training or in studying Drama at university. You have the chance to work with leading actors, voice experts and movement coaches and will present work on the Globe stages.
This course will develop the skills you need when approaching your classical texts for drama school auditions. You will take part in master classes with internationally renowned theatre practitioners and directors.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain unique access to the spaces for which Shakespeare and his contemporaries wrote for, and to work with international experts on early modern performance techniques and original practices.
- watch and discuss Globe productions
- work on the Globe stage and explore the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
- participate in voice, movement and text workshops
- develop your acting skills through working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare’s plays
- present scenes at sharings for parents/guardians and invited guests
- receive a certificate upon completion of the course
You are eligible to apply for the course if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- have an interest in Shakespeare
- are able to travel to and from the Globe independently
- are able to provide your own accommodation
- have a level of confidence in English which will enable you to cope with close analysis of Shakespeare’s language
- are able to attend one early morning session (date to be confirmed)
Course fees: £800
Fees include all tuition and tickets to Globe productions. Fees do not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation.
All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
Apply here 19-23 August
If required please attach any relevant files.
If you have any questions regarding the course, please email email@example.com
or telephone 020 7902 1478