We can offer specialist training for conservatory acting, directing, stage management and design students.
Programmes vary in intensity and duration, running from two days to a full academic year. Courses are tailored to address students’ specific needs, with each group supported by its own dedicated course director.
Each programme is grounded in the unique playing conditions of the Globe, enabling students to develop key skills in their specialist area. Subjects studied include:
- The geography of the Globe theatre space
- The dynamic relationship between actor and audience at the Globe
- The cultural conditions in which Shakespeare’s plays were produced
- The materials of theatre practice past and present (such as clothing, cosmetics, props, and musical instruments)
- Verse-speaking and Movement and Voice workshops
As well as working inside the Globe theatre, students have access to Globe Education’s state-of-art Sackler Studios, and have the exciting opportunity to lead our exploration of playing conditions in the Sam Wanamaker playhouse.
Create your own course
For further information about conservatory training at the Globe, or to discuss creating your own bespoke course, email Mary Chilton or telephone on 020 7902 1464.