Aged 16 – 19? Want to experience Shakespeare like never before?
PERFORM ON THE GLOBE STAGE!
Shakespeare’s Globe Summer School
The Shakespeare’s Globe Summer School offers students a unique opportunity to spend two weeks at the Globe working with leading actors, directors and scholars, watching productions and presenting scenes on the Globe stage.
This is the perfect course for students gearing up for drama school or looking to enhance and enrich their understanding of Shakespeare.
During the two weeks, participants will develop acting and audition skills working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare plays, study with scholars and take masterclasses with leading theatre practitioners.
- Introductions to productions
- Text and analysis
- Performance practice
- Jig workshop
- Q&As with actors
The course includes tickets for matinee performances of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Tempest and Gabriel, a new play by Samuel Adamson, and a presentation of scenes on stage at Shakespeare’s Globe.
Watch the Trailer
- watch and discuss Globe productions of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Tempest and Gabriel
- develop acting and audition skills
- gain insight into professional theatre rehearsal practice
- present a Shakespeare scene on the Globe stage
- participate in discussions and masterclasses with Globe theatre artists and practitioners
- participate in seminars with Shakespeare scholars
- receive a Globe Certificate upon completion of the course
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- are able to provide your own accommodation and travel to and from the Globe
- are able to attend the performance on the Globe stage at 8.00am on Thursday 8 August.
- are a confident speaker of English
Course fees: £1,400
Fees include all tuition, tickets to Globe productions and events and a final lunch reception. Fees do not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation.
Places are limited. Applications have closed for 2013, for more information about next year contact firstname.lastname@example.org