‘Best thing I've done all summer'
‘It really has been awesome. I have formed fantastic bonds with all the people there and this course really has added more wood to the fire that is my passion for acting.’
Shakespeare’s Globe Summer School
The Shakespeare’s Globe Summer School offers students a unique opportunity to spend two weeks at the Globe working with leading actors, directors and scholars, watching productions and presenting scenes on the Globe stage.
This is the perfect course for students gearing up for drama school or looking to enhance and enrich their understanding of Shakespeare.
During the two weeks, participants will develop acting and audition skills working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare plays, study with scholars and take masterclasses with leading theatre practitioners.
- Introductions to productions
- Text and analysis
- Performance practice
- Jig workshop
- Q&As with actors
The course includes tickets for matinee performances and a presentation of scenes on stage at Shakespeare’s Globe.
- watch and discuss Globe productions
- develop acting and audition skills
- gain insight into professional theatre rehearsal practice
- present a Shakespeare scene on the Globe stage
- participate in discussions and masterclasses with Globe theatre artists and practitioners
- participate in seminars with Shakespeare scholars
- receive a Globe Certificate upon completion of the course
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- are able to provide your own accommodation and travel to and from the Globe
- are able to attend the performance on the Globe stage at 8.00am on Thursday 8 August.
- are a confident speaker of English
Course fees: £1,400*
Fees include all tuition, tickets to Globe productions and events and a final lunch reception. Fees do not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation.
All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
*2015 Course fees may be subject to change.
Our summer schools run every July and August, although the exact dates vary from year to year. For more information or to register your interest, please contact us by email or by telephone on 020 7902 1463.