‘This has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I learned so much from such knowledgeable, talented people and have met the most amazing friends'
'This week has given me confidence and so much to think about. I've found out how to connect the text with my body, and how to establish relationships onstage. I've learned so much from getting the opportunity to play.’
Young Actor's Summer School
The Shakespeare’s Globe Young Actor's Summer School is a one week intensive course designed for students who are interested in full-time drama training or in studying Drama at university. Students will work with leading actors, voice experts and movement coaches and will present work on both the Globe stage and in the newly constructed Sam Wanamaker Indoor Playhouse.
This course will develop the skills students need when approaching their classical texts for drama school auditions and participants will take part in master classes with internationally renowned theatre practitioners and directors.
This is an ideal opportunity for students to gain unique access to the spaces for which Shakespeare and his contemporaries were writing and to work with international experts on early modern performance techniques and original practices.
- watch and discuss Globe productions.
- participate in Q&As with actors
- participate in voice, movement and text workshops with Practitioners
- develop acting skills through working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare’s plays
- share scenes on the Globe Stage
- receive a certificate upon completion of the course
- explore our fantastic new indoor Jacobean theatre, the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
You are eligible to apply for the course if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- have an interest in Shakespeare
- are able to travel to and from the Globe independently
- are able to provide your own accommodation
- have a level of confidence in English which will enable you to cope with close analysis of Shakespeare’s language
- are able to attend one early morning session (day tbc)
Participants will take part in movement, text and voice master classes. They will work with a director to create an ensemble performance of scenes which will be presented on stage at the Globe at the end of the course.
Course fees: £750*
Fees include all tuition and tickets to Globe productions. Fees do not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation.
All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
*2015 Course fees may be subject to change.
Our summer schools run every July and August, although the exact dates vary from year to year. For more information or to register your interest, please contact us by email or by telephone on 020 7902 1463.