We are delighted to receive schools from far and wide every year to share in our productions and we understand that coming here is a huge and important part of their understanding of Shakespeare and England.
We love the excitement that student groups bring to our theatre, but sometimes their behaviour can be highly disruptive to our actors and to other patrons near the group. Unlike a conventional theatre we have no way of settling audiences such as dimming the lights. We want to work with you to ensure that your students are briefed before entering the theatre so they understand the etiquette required here, which will help them engage with the production.
- There must be one adult for every ten students.
- We require a contact number for each group leader
We don’t want to spoil your students’ enjoyment of their visit here, but we do need your co-operation and support in helping manage the behaviour of your students by making sure they adhere to the code of conduct below.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR GROUPS
- We expect that group leaders remain with their pupils throughout the performance. As group leader you are responsible for their behaviour whilst on the Globe site.
- Please ensure that all mobile phones, ipods and electrical devices are switched off.
- Please be aware that no photography is permitted during the performance.
- Please ensure that your students do not talk during the performance.
- Objects are not to be thrown from seating in the Middle and Upper galleries.
- No items should be placed on the stage.
- Our safety licence requires us to ensure there is no standing on any stairs, and no sitting in the Yard.
- If at any point our Code of Conduct is not respected, we reserve the right to remove individuals or whole groups from the auditorium for the remainder of the performance.
There is a PDF of our guidelines which can be downloaded from the right hand column.
If you have any special needs please inform the Box Ofﬁce at the time of booking.