Key Stage 1
Key stage 1
We work in partnership with local schools to deliver inspiring projects for children at Key Stage 1
The module involves six practical in-school sessions and one session at the Globe. Each session lasts up to 90minutes and uses text, voice, movement and improvisation.
Your children will use one of Shakespeare’s plays and the Globe theatre to explore telling stories.
- Real and imagined scenarios
- Describing events and experiences
- Speaking to different people
- Working in role
- Presenting drama and stories to others
- Responding to performances
- To develop students core speaking, listening, communication, language, drama and expressive arts skills through active participation, play and performance.
- To use Shakespeare’s stories and the Globe Theatre as a stimulus to enhance students spiritual, moral, social, cultural development and understanding of the world.
- To provide teachers with the skills and confidence to lead practical approaches to literacy.
Teachers and support staff attend a Continuing Professional Development session at the Globe, and work in partnership with Globe Education throughout the course to develop creative practice across the Key Stage 1 curriculum.
Want to know more?
Contact us by email or by telephone on 020 7902 1463.