How can I join in?
This summer the National Literacy Trust have placed 50 benches all over London. The benches are part of Books About Town, and have been made by artists to celebrate reading for fun. We even have one outside the Globe!
The benches all look very different. What do you think a Shakespeare themed bench would look like? Draw a picture of a bench that reminds you of Shakespeare or the Globe and send it to us. We will put it up on the Share page for everyone to see. Plus all entries could win a prize!
Send your design to us by Sunday 31 August and you will be entered into a prize draw to win amazing Shakespeare themed prizes!
What would I win?
If you are randomly selected as a winner you'll be able to bring your family on a tour of the Globe theatre and our exhibition. You will also get a range of Playground goodies and lots of Shakespeare books for your school.
What are the rules?
Click here for the Terms & Conditions of entry.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- One entry per person. Multiple entries will not be considered.
- If you do not include your full name and phone number with your entry, you will not be eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be in primary school education.
- To avoid communication with the Globe potentially falling into your email spam folder please add us to your safe list.
- By entering the competition, you provide us permission to share your artwork on website/social media platforms.
- We will choose the winner at random from all of the valid entries.
- The prize is not for resale. It is not exchangeable, transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winner are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- The winner will be contacted within 28 days of a competition closing date, either by post, telephone or email.
- If we contact you to tell you you’re a winner, but you don’t reply within two weeks, we may have to offer the prize to a runner-up.
- Any information submitted with an entry will not be given to any other organisation, unless entrant has opted in to receive further information, or the competition is run in conjunction with a partner. Your privacy will be protected.
- The promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prize. To the extent permitted by law, the promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, direct or consequential loss) in connection with entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize.