Sterling silver copy of a posy ring found in the archaeological excavation of the Rose Theatre. The inscription reads ‘think of me’ in Old French. Presented in a gift box.
Sizes: Small (approx. 16mm diametre, UK size K, US size 5.5), Medium (approx. 18mm diametre, UK size P, US size 8), Large (approx. 20mm diametre, UK size U, US size 10.5)
- Lisa, Alberta, Canada
- The first of my Rose Theatre rings was purchased on our 2006 visit to London and the Globe. I lost this ring within the first year, and so my husband subsequently purchase me two, one and a spare, for Christmas. I cherish the ring's sentiment, and so when my sister passed away this spring, I slipped the ring on her finger for her to keep with her. Now, I am ordering rings for my Mum and siblings for Christmas---a connection to our dear Sister, Alicia.
- Clare Hancock, Boston, Lincolnshire, UK
- This is such a wonderful and special piece of jewellery to own. Everything about this ring is wonderful, it is a must have! I purchased this piece of jewellery from the online shop and it arrived in the post 2 days later, very well packaged and in a lovely presentation gift box with a little card giving an explanation about the history of the ring. The size I chose fits me perfect and the shape of the ring sits very comfortably against the finger. The letters of the inscription are a good, clear, readable size. If you are looking for something as a treat for yourself or as a gift for someone else, that is a bit different to other items out there then this is a must buy!!! Thank you to the Shakespeare's Globe for providing such a wonderful piece of jewellery, that I shall be wearing for a very long time to come.
- Carolyn, Boise, Idaho USA
- I was lucky enough to see Much Ado About Nothing on September 27, 2011 during my recent visit to the Globe. It was as exciting an experience as I could have hoped for. As a groundling at the front of the stage, I felt completely involved in the play and the actors brought that play to life in a way I had not seen it performed before. I wanted a memento of that experience and the posy ring was the perfect choice. I put it on my left index finger and it hasn't left it since. In a gift store in Somerset House, the saleslady recognized it, said she used to work for the Globe, and we agreed that it was a perfect ring. That made me feel even more connected to the Globe, to London, to England.
- Julie, Chicago
- I have worn this ring for 7 years without taking it off. I always think of London when I look at it! I hope I can get one in 14k gold when I go next. I miss you, England!