Shakespeare's Globe Much Ado About Nothing DVD
Shakespeare's Globe 2011 production of Much Ado About Nothing.
One of Shakespeare's most popular comedies, Much Ado About Nothing contrasts the happiness of lovers Claudio and Hero, and the cynacism of sparring partners Beatrice and Benedick, who are united in their scorn for love. Trickery plays a large part in the story, as Beatrice and Benedick are duped into declaring their love for one another, and the dastardly Don John deceives Claudio into believing that Hero has been unfaithful. Marking the debut of director Jeremy Herrin at the Globe Theatre, this 2011 production features Eve Best as the feisty and high-spirited Beatrice and Charles Edwards as her cynical counterpart, Benedick.
Filmed in High Definition and true surround sound.
Spoken in Shakespeare's English with English and German subtitles. Plays in all regions,
Director: Jeremy Herrin
Designer: Mike Britton
Composer: Stephen Warbeck
Choreographer: Sian Williams
Fight Director: Bret Young
Directed fo the screen by Robin Lough
DVD producer: James Whitbourn
- Bernd Wahlbrinck, Rheine, Germany
- I watched a live performance of MUCH ADO with this very cast in the atumn of 2011. It was absolutely terrific, which is why I could not wait to get the DVD. I just bought it, and it is simply marvellous. Absolutely recommended.
- Angelika Goldmann, Germany
- Missed the show in 2011, son absolutely loved it, so what better treat is there for the family.. Not to speak of the many many people who cannot come to the Globe. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUBLISHING THESE DVDS!!
- Bernd Wahlbrinck, Germany
- I watched a live performance of MUCH ADO with this very cast in the atumn of 2011. It was absolutely terrific, and I am sure that the DVD reflects that too. Which is why I am going to buy it.