23 | WIN AN AFTERNOON TEA & TOUR AT THE GLOBE PLUS OVERNIGHT STAY IN LONDON.
Globe Advent 23
We have a bumper prize on offer for the last competition as part of Globe Advent. One lucky winner and a guest will win a Guided Tour of our Globe Theatre, Afternoon Tea at Swan Bar & Restaurant, plus an overnight stay at Edwardian Hotels, London.
Discover Shakespeare’s iconic theatre on our Guided Tour of the Globe. Hear the story of the original 1599 theatre, see our special photography exhibition, sneak a peek at some of our costumes and even stand on one of the most famous stages in the world.
Your Guided Tour will be followed by a sumptuous Afternoon Tea from our friends Swan Bar & Restaurant. The A Midsummer Night’s Dream Afternoon Tea includes a selection of treats inspired by the play and worthy of the fairy queen herself. A collection of sweet and savoury delights, many of which can be traced back to the food and characters seen in the play, is served on bespoke Dream-inspired crockery specially designed by illustrator Annika Wester.
Your overnight stay will be in a beautiful central London hotel with our Hotel Partner, Edwardian Hotels. Edwardian London is a collection of individual four and five star hotels in prestigious locations, from the bijou boutique to large-scale luxury. As part of your prize you will enjoy one night’s stay in a luxury double-room, with a delightful breakfast in one of the most desirable locations in central London.
This competition has now closed.
The all important Terms and Conditions…
- There is one prize to be won
- The date of the Guided Tour, Afternoon Tea and Hotel stay is subject to availability and must be redeemed by 30 September 2021
- The Afternoon Tea is for two guests and includes a Love Potion cocktail, any extras to be paid for by the guest
- The overnight stay includes breakfast, with any extras to be paid for by the guest
- The winner will be picked at random from the list of correct entries and will be contacted via email no later than Tuesday 5 January, 6.00pm (GMT)
- Entry is open to UK entrants aged 18 and over, except for those not eligible to take part: employees or contractors of the promoters or immediate family members of employees or contractors of the promoters
- There will be no charge for entering the competition
- Only entries submitted before the closing date on Wednesday 23 December 2020, 11.59pm (GMT) will be entered into the competition
- No responsibility can be accepted by Shakespeare’s Globe for entries that are not received for any reason and incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified
- All entries received after the closing date will automatically be disqualified
Feed him with apricocks and dewberries,
With purple grapes, green figs, and mulberries;
The honey-bags steal from the humble-bees,
And for night-tapers crop their waxen thighs
And light them at the fiery glow-worm’s eyes
— A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III scene 1