Young Actors’ Summer School
Monday 12 August – Friday 16 August
Monday 19 August – Friday 23 August
The Young Actors’ Summer School is a one week intensive course designed for students who are interested in full-time drama training or in studying Drama at university. You have the chance to work with leading actors, voice experts and movement coaches and will present work on the Globe stages.
This course will develop the skills you need when approaching your classical texts for drama school auditions. You will take part in master classes with internationally renowned theatre practitioners and directors.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain unique access to the spaces for which Shakespeare and his contemporaries wrote for, and to work with international experts on early modern performance techniques and original practices.
- watch and discuss Globe productions
- work on the Globe stage and explore the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
- participate in voice, movement and text workshops
- develop your acting skills through working with experienced directors on selected scenes from Shakespeare’s plays
- present scenes at sharings for parents/guardians and invited guests
- receive a certificate upon completion of the course
You are eligible to apply for the course if you:
- are aged 16 – 19
- have an interest in Shakespeare
- are able to travel to and from the Globe independently
- are able to provide your own accommodation
- have a level of confidence in English which will enable you to cope with close analysis of Shakespeare’s language
- are able to attend one early morning session (date to be confirmed)
Course fees: £800
Fees include all tuition and tickets to Globe productions. Fees do not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation.
Southwark Student Scheme
Are you aged 16 – 19 and live and learn* in the borough of Southwark? Are you an aspiring young actor or literature student? Do you enjoy being on stage, or perhaps you are more interested in studying Shakespeare?
If so, Shakespeare’s Globe are able to offer you a FREE place on our summer school programmes.
To apply, please state that you are applying for the Southwark Student Scheme when completing your application.
The Shakespeare Globe Trust is committed to improving access for disadvantaged pupils, and we contribute to improving educational outcomes in our local area through our admissions policy for our two bursary places at our Summer Schools. As part of this commitment, we prioritise pupils eligible for pupil premium funding in our oversubscription criteria.
All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
*non-fee paying schools only
Please email the completed form, attaching any relevant files.
PLEASE NOTE: To view and edit this document correctly you will need to click view tab and then select edit or go to the bottom right hand side of the screen and click print layout.
If you have any questions regarding the course, please email or telephone 020 7902 1478