We can tailor our bespoke courses to meet the requirements of international curricula.
Mix and match from these activities to build your bespoke course at the Globe:
- Workshops covering: Text, Singing, Voice, Movement, Stage Combat, Puppetry
- Demonstrations of: Sword-fighting, Elizabethan dressing
- Guided visit of the Globe Theatre
- Exploring Shakespeare’s Southwark
- Watching a performance in the Globe Theatre
- Question & Answer session with actors
- Forming a company
- Scene rehearsals
- Watching a Storytelling performance
Along with a dedicated course director, certain activities may be delivered by other practitioners.
At your school:
For visits to your school, we would secure a Globe Education Practitioner best suited to the learning outcomes you have specified. All of our practitioners have various specialisms, e.g. voice, movement, and we will build the project against the practitioner’s strengths and your requests.
- Develop English language skills
- Encourage creative analytical thinking
- Knowledge of Shakespeare, his plays and the social and historical context
- Explore performance skills
- Build confidence, team work, social interaction and communication skills
AGE RANGE, DATES & TIMES
Ages 5-19 years (for University students, please visit our Higher Education section)
At the Globe: Extended projects can be delivered at any time of the year, subject to availability. Please allow at least six months for any requests at the Globe.
At your school: Extended projects can be delivered at any time of the year, subject to availability. Please allow at least three months for any requests at your school.
LOCATION & COSTS
At the Globe:
We can work with up to 25 students. A minimum charge for 10 participants will apply.
Half day (9.30am to 12.00pm or 1.00pm to 3.30pm) £75 per student, with up to three teachers/chaperones free of charge.
Full day (9.30am to 3.30pm) £150 per student, with up to three teachers/chaperones free of charge
This cost includes a production standing ticket, where available. Teachers/Chaperones are required to pay for their tickets.
Meals and accommodation are not included.
In your school:
We can work with up to a maximum of 25 students, and a minimum of 10 students, in one group.
We charge a daily rate of £800 for up to six hours of delivery for the first three days, and £600 per day thereafter. Travel days and rest days are charged at £115 per practitioner.
We can tailor our projects to the text/s of your choice.
INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT AND ACCESS PROVISION
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)