Shakespeare’s Globe has been a proud charity of education, performance and research for 25 years.
Over the last 25 years, our world-renowned theatre has enabled audiences to celebrate with us the transformative impact of Shakespeare, ensuring that the work lives on and continues to be made accessible to all. We now need your help to ensure the future of the Globe for generations to come.
We invite you to join us for special events throughout 2022 as we reunite, reminisce and celebrate all that our wooden ‘O’ has to offer, revelling in everything that we treasure about the Globe experience.
We would love for those who cannot physically celebrate with us this year to still be a part of securing our future, so would ask you to consider making a donation in what will be a very special anniversary year.
Any amount, large or small, will be hugely appreciated. If you donate, and are an eligible UK taxpayer, we will be able to increase your donation by 25% due to Gift Aid at no extra cost to you.
Those looking to donate on a more regular basis can find out about our range of Membership options, including those for our international supporters.
TEXT TO DONATE
To donate £20 text GLOBE20 to 70460
To donate £10 text GLOBE10 to 70460
To donate £5 text GLOBE5 to 70460
Texts cost the donation amount plus one standard rate message. Please ask the bill payer’s permission before donating. UK mobiles only.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT US
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
To fund the work we do, we are entirely reliant on the tickets you buy and the generosity of supporters. There remains much to be done at the Globe, both to complete existing projects and to create new programmes which will enable a greater number of people to enjoy the work of Shakespeare and his contemporaries.
Shakespeare’s Globe is often where many people start a lifelong relationship with Shakespeare. We’ve been looking back at the last year and how you connected with us…
- In the Globe Theatre, 40% of tickets were sold for only £5 and 50% for £25 or less
- Our 13th Playing Shakespeare with Deutsche Bank production played to over 27,000 schoolchildren, over 18,000 of whom came for free
- We delivered 3,000 workshops to schoolchildren and welcomed over 80,000 students
- Our practitioners led workshops and conferences across the world, from Singapore to the USA
- We celebrated 30 years of education and worked with over 140,000 people of all ages on site
- We welcomed 287,045 people on tours
- Work toured the UK, the US, Norway, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Austria
- The launch of our new archive saw 130,000 items from our production and institutional collections digitised
All this was achieved without Arts Council or any other form of state funding – it happened because of your support.