SHAKESPEARE'S GLOBE USA.
Become a US Member and support our work
Our US Patrons’ organization, Shakespeare’s Globe USA, enables American supporters to continue participating in and contributing to the Globe’s work, on stage and off, on both sides of the Atlantic.
Shakespeare’s Globe has a long history of commitment from generous donors from the United States. It was American support that ensured the final completion of the spectacular wooden O first envisioned by American actor and director Sam Wanamaker.
Shakespeare’s Globe is the realization of Sam Wanamaker’s vision and has become a world-renowned center of Shakespearean performance and education visited by tens of thousands of people from around the world every year.
We are deeply grateful for your support, now and in the future. As you can see from our Patron categories, your patronage at all levels allows you to enjoy great benefits both stateside and Bankside.
You can read the full terms and conditions online, and if you have any questions about our Membership Program, please email Jessica Lowery, our UK Patrons Manager.
Shakespeare’s Globe USA is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, and your gift is thus tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
HOW YOUR SUPPORT HELPS
Your donation ensures Shakespeare’s Globe remains accessible for all audiences and supports a cultural institution that transcends the boundaries of age, gender, race, background, and geography.
Your generosity creates incredible artistic performances and an unparalleled education program that continues to expand all over the world. Your support will help us spread the Globe word in the United States.
Please use the link below to donate online using a credit or debit card. You will a tax receipt directly from Shakespeare’s Globe, USA within 48 hours of your transaction.
Please email Jessica Lowery, our UK Patrons Manager, who will be able to provide details of how to donate by check.
BY BANK TRANSFER OR STOCK DONATION
For details about Bank Transfers, please email Jessica Lowery, our UK Patrons Manager.
BECOME A PATRON
Become a Scribe, Illustrator, Printer or First Folio.
All US Patrons will enjoy the benefit of personalized assistance when booking tickets for Shakespeare’s Globe events or productions. When in London, the UK team will be delighted to personally welcome you to Shakespeare’s Globe and thank you for your patronage and support.
- Access to sold out performances up to three weeks before a performance*
- Advance priority booking
- Complimentary programme and seat cushion vouchers
- Acknowledgement of your support in Globe Programmes and on the Supporters’ Wall
- A Globe Player subscription for the duration of Patronship
- 10% discount in the Swan Bar & Restaurant and the Globe Shop
- Two complimentary tickets to the Globe Theatre Guided Tour
- Access to our Members’ magazine, Globe
- Access to the digital Members’ Room for behind the scenes contents, events, news and offers
- Personalised booking via the Membership Office
- Regular mailings throughout the year with priority information
* Tickets available up to two weeks before most performances, subject to availability.
All the benefits of being a Scribe, plus:
- Advance access to sold out performances, up to one week before a performance*
- Invitation for you and a guest to one pre-performance drinks reception
* Tickets available up to one week before most performances, subject to availability.
All the benefits of being an Illustrator, plus:
- Advance access to sold out performances, up to 48 hours before a performance*
- Invitations to exclusive Creative & Academic Insight events, including meeting the people behind the Globe’s work
- Opportunity to book bespoke private backstage tours in London
* Tickets available up to 48 hours before most performances, subject to availability.
FIRST FOLIO ($10,000+)
All the benefits of being a Printer, plus:
- Invitation for two to Shakespeare’s Globe Weekender, an exclusive event where you are invited to experience all-things-Globe over a weekend filled with shows, backstage access, private tours and receptions*
- Your choice of show programme to be signed by cast and creatives
- Invitation for you and a guest to attend exclusive press night performances and post-show parties in the Globe during the summer season
- Opportunities to meet with members of the Globe’s Executive team over afternoon tea or dinner in London
- Opportunity to book bespoke private backstage tours in London
BECOME A GLOBE GUARDIAN
Ensure Shakespeare’s Globe’s longevity through a planned gift. Becoming a Globe Guardian preserves the engaging and powerful work of Shakespeare’s Globe for future generations.
During your lifetime, you have experienced the transformative power of Shakespeare through the Globe’s captivating, thought-provoking performances and its exceptional education program. Help to ensure that others will have the chance to experience Shakespeare’s Globe the same way by making a planned gift.
Bestowing a planned gift costs nothing during your lifetime, may have important federal and state estate tax benefits upon its maturity, and helps to ensure the future of Shakespeare’s Globe for generations to come. We are happy to work with you and your advisors to assist you in making a gift.
There are several ways of bestowing a planned gift, including: bequests through your will or trust; a gift through your life insurance policy, retirement plan, or bank accounts; a gift of real estate.
You should consult with your legal, estate, and tax advisors in considering such a gift, and in assessing its impact on your own planning.
For a gift in your will or trust, we recommend discussing the following language with your advisors:
‘I give and bequeath to Shakespeare Globe Centre USA, Inc. d.b.a. Shakespeare’s Globe, USA, a New York not-for-profit whose address is 157 East 86th Street, #518, New York, New York 10028, tax identification number 36-3136379 (the sum of $____) or (_____% of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) for its unrestricted use and purposes.’
For more information regarding planned giving, please email Jessica Lowery, our UK Patrons Manager.
Your patronage has the potential to double or even triple through matching gift programs, increasing the power and impact of your gift.
Ask your employer or organization if they participate in a matching gift program, enabling your donation to grow to more than twice its original amount, at no cost to you.
If your company or organization will match your donation, we will be more than happy to assist you in completing the necessary steps to secure the augmented gift and your appropriate recognition.
Our US fans are also welcome to join any of our other Membership schemes.
Just note that the tax advantages available to US taxpayers joining the Shakespeare’s Globe USA scheme are not available for these other levels.