Lively Action Storytelling
‘How wonderful to make Shakespeare accessible …. A perfect day!’
— Teacher, William Patten Primary School, Hackney.
Lively Action Storytelling performances are the perfect introduction to Shakespeare’s plays for your pupils. They are interactive versions of well-known plays performed by a Globe storyteller at your school.
- A one hour précised performance of the play delivered by a Globe Storyteller
- The performance features several interactive elements, with pupils contributing verbally, physically and creatively to the play.
- The story is delivered in a mix of modern and Shakespearean language, with key quotes being highlighted in performance.
- Provides pupils with a rich, varied language environment by engaging with Shakespeare’s language.
- Support pupils to make links between known and new vocabulary.
- Challenge pupils’ thinking about important social and moral issues.
- Develop emotional intelligence and self-regulation.
- Support pupils to listen and respond appropriately to adults and their peers.
- Participate actively in discussions, performances, role play and improvisations.
Dates and times
In your school
Ages 7 -14 (please see below for which plays are available for which age range)
We can be flexible based around your school timetable, including weekend provision, subject to availability.
Location and costs
In your school
Please contact us for prices.
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.