Lively Action Workshops
‘It was really active and fun. It helped me to understand the language.’
Lively Action workshops encapsulate the spirit at the core of all our work – that plays should be explored actively. They can be based on any Shakespeare play and are delivered at the Globe or in your school.
Information for your visit and access provision
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)
+44 (0)207 902 1433
Location and costs
At the Globe
In your school
|90 minute session, comprised of a 30 minute guided visit of the Globe Theatre and 60 minute workshop.
£12 per pupil. We can take up to a maximum of 35 pupils per workshop. Minimum charge of £220 for fewer than 19 pupils. We can take multiple classes simultaneously.
Up to four adults will be able to attend each session at £12pp; however, we also offer 1 free teacher place for every 10 pupils. All one-to-one support staff for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities will be admitted for free.
£2.50 administration charge per workshop booked.
We can tailor the length of the workshop based on your pupils’ needs and school timetable
- Practical, interactive workshop based on your chosen learning objective(s)
- A range of activities and games designed to draw out elements of the plays’ characters and themes
- Language-based activities that explore the text at word level
- Explore a range of interpretations to encourage an informed personal response
- For on-site visits, a guided tour of the Globe Theatre
- Develop English language skills
- Encourage creative analytical thinking
- Knowledge of Shakespeare, his plays and the social and historical context
- Explore performance skills
- Build confidence, team work, social interaction and communication skills
AGE RANGE, DATES & TIMES
Ages 5-19 years (for University students, please visit our Higher Education section)
At the Globe:
In your school:
Winter season, October to April:*
Monday to Friday:
Summer season, May to September:
Monday to Friday:
*In March and April dates are subject to change. Please contact us for further information.
Please note as a working theatre all on-site workshops adhere to a strict timetable. If your group is late we will, unfortunately, be unable to offer any additional time back.
|We can be flexible based around your school timetable, including weekend provision, subject to availability.|
Workshops can be run on any Shakespeare play.