Secondary: Bespoke projects
Suitable for: Key stages 3 – 5 (for University students, please visit our Higher Education section).
We can tailor our bespoke courses to meet the requirements of international curricula.
Mix and match from these activities to build your bespoke course at the Globe:
- Workshops covering: Text, Singing, Voice, Movement, Stage Combat, Puppetry
- Demonstrations of: Sword-fighting, Elizabethan dressing
- Guided visit of the Globe Theatre
- Exploring Shakespeare’s Southwark
- Watching a performance in the Globe Theatre
- Question & Answer session with actors
- Forming a company
- Scene rehearsals
- Watching a Storytelling performance
In your school
For visits to your school, we would secure a Globe Education Practitioner best suited to the learning outcomes you have specified. All of our practitioners have various specialisms, e.g. voice, movement, and we will build the project against the practitioner’s strengths and your requests.
+44 (0)207 902 1433
Email Lively Action
- Read challenging texts with good understanding
- Acquire a wide vocabulary
- Develop a greater appreciation of our rich and varied literary heritage
- Develop confidence in the art of speaking and listening
- Use discussion in order to learn: be able to elaborate and explain their understanding and ideas
- Use spoken language to prepare their ideas before they write
Enable all learners to participate in and gain knowledge, skills and understanding associated with drama. Pupils should be able to adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, responding appropriately to others in role.
Using Shakespeare’s stories as a vehicle, our workshops also help to promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, and emotional development of pupils.
Dates and times
At the Globe
Extended projects can be delivered at any time of the year, subject to availability. Please allow at least six months for any requests at the Globe.
At your school
Extended projects can be delivered at any time of the year, subject to availability. Please allow at least three months for any requests at your school.
Location and costs
At the Globe
We can work with up to 25 students. A minimum charge for 10 participants will apply.
Half day (9.30am to 12.00pm or 1.00pm to 3.30pm) £75 per student, with up to three teachers/chaperones free of charge.
Full day (9.30am to 3.30pm) £150 per student, with up to three teachers/chaperones free of charge
This cost includes a production standing ticket, where available. Teachers/Chaperones are required to pay for their tickets.
Meals and accommodation are not included.
In your school
Projects will be built based on our standards costs of:
Workshops (maximum of 35 pupils per workshop):
- Up to 90 minutes: £350
- Up to 2 hours: £450
- Up to 3 hours: £550
- Up to 4.5 hours: £650
Storytelling (maximum of 120 pupils per performance):
- £650 for one Storytelling
- £1000 for two consecutive Storytelling performances (on the same play)
- £1300 for three consecutive Storytelling performances
Outside the M25 travel and accommodation (where applicable) costs will be added
We can tailor our projects to the text/s of your choice.
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)