English Literature: GCSE Study Day
Suitable for: Key Stage 4
(contact us for versions tailored to Year 9)
Suitable as introductory or revision sessions, Study days are tailored to exam board requirements, include workshops, seminars and theatre tours and can be delivered at the Globe or in your school.
- On-site: a guided visit of the Globe Theatre exploring social, historical and cultural context of the play.
- In your school: a virtual tour of the Globe Theatre exploring social, historical and cultural context of the play, using the Globe 360 app.
- Practical, interactive workshop exploring aspects of plot and characterisation
- Practical, interactive workshop exploring key themes and analysing language
- Explore a range of interpretations to encourage an informed personal response
- A take away booklet to support revision
The GCSE Study Day is tailored to meet Assessment Objectives 1-3 on the English Literature GCSE specification (for all exam boards):
Read, understand and respond to texts, and develop an informed personal response (A01)
Familiarise students with textual references through script-work (AO1)
Analyse language and structure and particularly form (AO2)
Understand the relationship between the text and the playing conditions (AO3)
Dates and times
The Study day runs from 10.00am – 14.30pm and comprises:
10.00am – 10.30am Tour
10.30am – 12.00 noon Workshop 1
1.00pm – 2.30pm Workshop 2
Study Days are run all year round, subject to availability
Please be advised that, as we are a working theatre, all on-site workshops adhere to a strict timetable.
Location and costs
At the Globe
£20 per student (UK only – please see our International prices here).
Maximum 35 pupils per workshop. We can take multiple classes simultaneously. Minimum charge of £330 for fewer than 19 pupils:
1 free teacher place for every 10 student places. Up to four adults can attend each session at £20pp. All 1:1 support staff for SEND students admitted free.
In your school
£650 for up to 35 students
Outside the M25, travel and accommodation (where applicable) costs will be added
- Romeo and Juliet
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Twelfth Night
- The Merchant of Venice
Please get in touch if you would like a study day on a play not listed here.
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)