When communicating with us or with other people online, please pay attention to the following guidelines
We welcome comments, feedback and active engagement on our website, online events, email and social media channels.
- Be polite and act with consideration for other online users and participants of all ages and backgrounds
- Stay on topic, don’t hijack an event, post or thread to discuss your own personal agenda or promote your own event
- The conversation or event belongs to everybody, so be mindful when contributing to be constructive for the benefit of everyone.
- We won’t tolerate any kind of hate-speech on any of our events, channels, or via email
By following the etiquette guidelines we aim not to moderate your comments on our channels or your participation at an online event. But we will remove you or your comments if you break our community standards. For example:
- Personal attacks, abuse and trolling will not be tolerated;
- Offensive content will be removed;
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that can be interpreted as such;
- Use an offensive screen name (e.g. explicit language) or avatar (e.g. containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organisation;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Collect personal information about others;
- Engage in any unlawful activity;
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above;
- Emails or letters that violate these guidelines may not be replied to;
- We acknowledge criticism and welcome feedback, but we won’t allow the Globe to be misrepresented. Where appropriate, feedback should be constructive;
- Keep your comments relevant to the original post. We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or spam-like.
SAFEGUARDING ONLINE EVENTS
Shakespeare’s Globe takes safeguarding of young people and its staff seriously and by agreeing to the terms and conditions of our online events, you agree to the safeguarding requirements as listed below. The Globe retains the right to terminate any booking or live activity if these are not followed for the duration of the booking.
- By granting your child permission to use the service, you understand and agree that you are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child during their participation in online activity.
- All participants under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must remain on screen where the activity is taking place.
- You are not allowed to record or photograph the event.
In addition to our usual safeguarding policy and practices, the Globe will:
- Risk assess the use of live learning using webcams, and make this risk assessment available upon request.
- Ensure any teaching/learning software and/or platforms are suitable for the age groups, raise no privacy issues, and are used in line with the providers’ terms and conditions.
The website is owned and operated by The Shakespeare Globe Trust. You may use this website for (a) your own personal and non-commercial use or (b) any non-commercial educational use.