SOUTHWARK YOUTH THEATRE
The deadline for submitting an application for the Southwark Youth Theatre 2016-17 has now passed. Check back for more information on future sessions.
Are you aged 10-18? Do you live or learn in Southwark? Do you want the opportunity to perform on the Globe stage and train with professional actors and directors? Become a part of Southwark Youth Theatre and take part in exciting projects to develop your self-esteem, teamwork and performance skills.
The Youth Theatre follows the academic calendar. New members are taken on at the start of every Autumn term and remain with the Youth Theatre for a full school year.
Weekly practical workshops (every Saturday, term time only) take place in the Sackler Studios. All activities are based on our four core values: Respect, Support, Connect and Perform.
OPPORTUNITIES, SKILLS & THEMES
Globe Southwark Youth Theatre members have the opportunity to:
- Train with professional actors and directors
- Perform on the Globe stage
- Make new friends, and meet theatre professionals and members of other youth theatres
- Attend professional performances at the Globe
- Perform in an end of term showcase
Youth Theatre members may also be able to apply for a free place on one of our Summer School courses.
Members also develop a range of skills, including:
- Voice and movement technique
- Text analysis
- Communication skills
- Team work
To become a member of the Southwark Youth Theatre you should be:
- Aged 10-18
- Live or study in Southwark
- Be able to commit to a full year (three terms), beginning in October.
If you have any queries about the project please contact us by email, or telephone on 020 7902 1462.