Doctor Scroggy's War
By Howard Brenton
From 12 September 2014
£15 - £42 seats
In Howard Brenton’s epic new play about the First World War, Jack Twigg, 19 years old, enlists in the London Regiment and goes on a journey he never imagined – nor did the rest of the world. On his way, he meets the pioneering medic Harold Gillies, who saves his life and his sanity. But who is the mysterious ‘Doctor Scroggy’ who appears at night in Gillies’s hospital dispensing champagne to the patients?
Howard Brenton and John Dove, the team that brought you Anne Boleyn (Best New Play – What’s On Stage Awards) return to the Globe depicting Gillies’s war against war. Hilarious and moving, Dr Scroggy’s War gives a sideways look at the First World War a hundred years after its onset.
Other new write plays this season
Please note: tickets for all related events are sold separately to tickets for performances.
Talk to members of the creative team behind Doctor Scroggy's War
Friday 3 October
Join the Conversation
- Friday 12 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Saturday 13 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Monday 15 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Tuesday 16 September, 2.00pm Book tickets
- Wednesday 17 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Friday 26 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Saturday 27 September, 2.00pm Book tickets
- Monday 29 September, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Friday 3 October, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Saturday 4 October, 2.00pm Book tickets
- Monday 6 October, 7.30pm Book tickets
- Friday 10 October, 7.30pm Book tickets